Winchester Education Association Benefits Resources Achievements Goals
The benefits of membership:
- Negotiated salary schedule, with lane and step movement
- Insurances through MTA Benefits—car, dental.
- A Collective Bargaining Agreement that protects our rights and working conditions.
- A protected voice that helps shape education in Winchester.
- Legal protection.
- Our kids can attend Winchester schools.
- Negotiated Sick Leave/Bank.
- A pension, and a statewide organization that advocates to protect it.
- A local association that informs us of and protects our rights.
- Social Events
The resources available to you through membership:
- MTA Legal Division.
- Retirement Seminars.
- Financial Planning assistance.
- A negotiated Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounts for MTA members.
- MTA Professional Development.
- MTA Staff.
- Winchester Education Association groups and gatherings.
The successes the WEA has contributed to:
- No on 2—protecting public education.
- Success in bargaining a good contract settlement.
- Scholarship fund.
- Changing administrative behavior.
- Many successful grievances that enforced our collective bargaining agreement.
- Full Interview Process for principals.
- The survival and thriving of our union.
- Elevate our salary to be in line with comparable school districts.
- A more meaningful evaluation system.
- Improve Morale.
- Improve administrative behaviors.
- Improve the Teacher’s Aides collective bargaining agreement.